Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,312
Moped; restrictions on operation.
(1) Any person who operates a moped shall ride only upon a permanent and regular seat attached to the moped. A person operating a moped shall not carry any other person nor shall any other person ride on a moped unless such moped is designed by the manufacturer to carry more than one person.
(2) A person shall ride upon a moped only while sitting astride the seat, facing forward.
(3) No person shall operate a moped while carrying any package, bundle, or other article which prevents him or her from keeping both hands on the handlebars.
(4) No operator shall carry any person, nor shall any person ride, in a position that interferes with the operation or control of the moped or the view of the operator.
(5) Any moped which carries a passenger shall be equipped with footrests for such passenger.
(6) No person shall operate any moped with handlebars more than fifteen inches above the mounting point of the handlebars.
- Laws 1979, LB 23, § 6;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-6,199;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 408.