Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,266
Occupant protection system; 1973 year model and later motor vehicles; requirements; three-point safety belt system; violation; penalty.
(1) Every motor vehicle designated by the manufacturer as 1973 year model or later operated on any highway, road, or street in this state, except farm tractors and implements of husbandry designed primarily or exclusively for use in agricultural operations, autocycles, motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, mopeds, and buses, shall be equipped with an occupant protection system of a type which:
(a) Meets the requirements of 49 C.F.R. 571.208, 571.209, and 571.210 as such regulations currently exist or as the regulations existed when the occupant protection system was originally installed by the manufacturer; or
(b) If the occupant protection system has been replaced, meets the requirements of 49 C.F.R. 571.208, 571.209, and 571.210 that applied to the originally installed occupant protection system or of a more recently issued version of such regulations. The purchaser of any such vehicle may designate the make or brand of or furnish such occupant protection system to be installed.
(2) Every autocycle shall be equipped with a three-point safety belt system.
(3) Any person selling a motor vehicle in this state not in compliance with this section shall be guilty of a Class V misdemeanor.
- Laws 1963, c. 214, § 1, p. 687;
- R.R.S.1943, § 39-7,123.05;
- Laws 1977, LB 41, § 31;
- Laws 1985, LB 496, § 3;
- Laws 1992, LB 958, § 8;
- R.S.Supp.,1992, § 39-6,171;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 362;
- Laws 2015, LB231, § 34.