Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,256
Objects placed or hung to obstruct or interfere with view of operator; unlawful; enforcement; penalty.
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle with any object placed or hung in or upon the motor vehicle, except required or permitted equipment of the motor vehicle, in such a manner as to significantly and materially obstruct or interfere with the view of the operator through the windshield or to prevent the operator from having a clear and full view of the road and condition of traffic behind the motor vehicle. Any sticker or identification authorized or required by the federal government or any agency thereof or the State of Nebraska or any political subdivision thereof may be placed upon the windshield of the motor vehicle without violating this section.
(2) Enforcement of this section by state or local law enforcement agencies shall be accomplished only as a secondary action when a driver of a motor vehicle has been cited or charged with a traffic violation or some other offense.
(3) Any person who violates this section is guilty of a traffic infraction. Any person who is found guilty of a traffic infraction under this section shall be assessed points on his or her motor vehicle operator's license pursuant to section 60-4,182 and shall be fined:
(a) Fifty dollars for the first offense;
(b) One hundred dollars for a second offense; and
(c) One hundred fifty dollars for a third and subsequent offense.
- Laws 1959, c. 173, § 1, p. 624;
- R.R.S.1943, § 39-7,123.04;
- Laws 1977, LB 41, § 30;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-6,170;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 352;
- Laws 2011, LB500, § 2.
- Interference with view of driver by passengers or load prohibited, see section 60-6,179.