Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,238
Vehicles; red flags; red emergency reflectors; when required as equipment; how and when displayed.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, between one-half hour before sunrise and one-half hour after sunset, any vehicle described in section 60-6,236 shall be equipped with two red flags, and when the vehicle is parked, one flag shall be placed one hundred feet behind and the other one hundred feet ahead of such vehicle and in such position as to be visible to all approaching traffic during the daylight hours.
(2) In lieu of the requirements of subsection (1) of this section, such a vehicle may be equipped with three red emergency reflectors. One of the reflectors shall be placed alongside the vehicle on the traffic side and within ten feet of the front or rear of the vehicle. When there is two-way traffic, one reflector shall be placed one hundred feet ahead of the vehicle and one shall be placed one hundred feet behind the vehicle. When there is only one-way traffic, one reflector shall be placed one hundred feet and one two hundred feet behind the vehicle.
- Laws 1935, c. 129, § 2, p. 460;
- Laws 1941, c. 77, § 1, p. 313;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 39-11,113;
- R.S.1943, § 39-7,119;
- Laws 1977, LB 393, § 2;
- Laws 1987, LB 224, § 12;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-6,164;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 334.
Where truck was left parked on highway in daytime without flags, there was evidence of negligence. Plumb v. Burnham, 151 Neb. 129, 36 N.W.2d 612 (1949).