(1) Except as provided in this section and sections 60-6,231 to 60-6,233, no person shall operate any motor vehicle or any equipment of any description on any highway in this state with any rotating or flashing light.
(2) Except for stop lights and directional signals, which may be red, yellow, or amber, no person shall display any color of light other than red on the rear of any motor vehicle or any equipment of any kind on any highway within this state.
(3) Amber rotating or flashing lights shall be displayed on vehicles of the Military Department for purpose of convoy control when on any state emergency mission.
(4) A single flashing white light may be displayed on the roof of school transportation vehicles during extremely adverse weather conditions.
(5) Blue and amber rotating or flashing lights may be displayed on (a) vehicles when operated by the Department of Transportation or any local authority for the inspection, construction, repair, or maintenance of highways, roads, or streets or (b) vehicles owned and operated by any public utility for the construction, maintenance, and repair of utility infrastructure on or near any highway.