Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,135
Limitations on overtaking and passing on the left; precautions required; return to right side of highway.
(1) No vehicle shall overtake another vehicle proceeding in the same direction on an undivided two-way roadway when such overtaking requires the overtaking vehicle to be driven on the left side of the center of the roadway unless the left side is clearly visible for a distance sufficient to accomplish such overtaking and is free from oncoming traffic for a distance sufficient to:
(a) Permit the overtaking vehicle to return to an authorized lane of traffic before coming within two hundred feet of any approaching vehicle; and
(b) Permit the overtaking vehicle to be safely clear of the overtaken vehicle while returning to the authorized lane of travel as provided in the Nebraska Rules of the Road.
(2) After completing such overtaking, the overtaking vehicle shall return to the authorized lane of travel as soon as practicable.
(3) Any such overtaking shall be subject to the rules.
(4) The provisions of this section shall not permit the crossing of the centerline of an undivided highway providing for two or more lanes of traffic in each direction for the purpose of overtaking and passing another vehicle.
- Laws 1973, LB 45, § 24;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-624;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 231.