Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,130
Signs, markers, devices, or notices; prohibited acts; penalty.
(1) Any person who willfully or maliciously shoots upon the public highway and injures, defaces, damages, or destroys any signs, monuments, road markers, traffic control devices, traffic surveillance devices, or other public notices lawfully placed upon such highways shall be guilty of a Class III misdemeanor.
(2) No person shall willfully or maliciously injure, deface, alter, or knock down any sign, traffic control device, or traffic surveillance device.
(3) It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a duly authorized representative of the Department of Transportation, a county, or a municipality, to remove any sign, traffic control device, or traffic surveillance device placed along a highway for traffic control, warning, or informational purposes by official action of the department, county, or municipality. It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a sign or device which has been removed in violation of this subsection.
(4) Any person violating subsection (2) or (3) of this section shall be guilty of a Class II misdemeanor and shall be assessed liquidated damages in the amount of the value of the sign, traffic control device, or traffic surveillance device and the cost of replacing it.
- G.S.1873, c. 58, § 100, p. 743;
- R.S.1913, § 3040;
- Laws 1915, c. 60, § 1, p. 154;
- C.S.1922, § 2791;
- C.S.1929, § 39-1026;
- R.S.1943, § 39-714;
- Laws 1971, LB 331, § 1;
- C.S.Supp.,1972, § 39-714;
- Laws 1977, LB 41, § 9;
- Laws 1989, LB 283, § 1;
- R.S.Supp.,1992, § 39-619.01;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 226;
- Laws 2017, LB339, § 197.