60-531. Proof of financial responsibility; nonresident; certificate of insurance; requirements.

The nonresident owner of a motor vehicle not registered in this state may give proof of financial responsibility by filing with the department a written certificate or certificates of an insurance carrier authorized to transact business in this state or any other state in which the motor vehicle or motor vehicles described in such certificate are registered or, if such nonresident does not own a motor vehicle, in the state in which the insured resides. The department shall accept the same upon condition that the insurance carrier complies with the following provisions with respect to the policies so certified: (1) The insurance carrier shall execute an acknowledgment that the carrier shall be amenable to process issued by a court of this state in any action upon such policy; and (2) the insurance carrier shall agree in writing that such policies shall be deemed to conform with the laws of this state relating to the terms of motor vehicle liability policies issued herein.

Source:Laws 1949, c. 178, § 31, p. 494; Laws 1983, LB 447, § 79; Laws 1997, LB 10, § 3.