(1) Any person whose operator's license is revoked under section 60-4,183 or 60-4,186 or suspended under section 43-3318 shall be eligible to operate any motor vehicle, except a commercial motor vehicle, in this state under an employment driving permit. An employment driving permit issued due to a revocation under section 60-4,183 or 60-4,186 is valid for the period of revocation. An employment driving permit issued due to a suspension of an operator's license under section 43-3318 is valid for no more than three months and cannot be renewed.
(2) Any person whose operator's license has been suspended or revoked pursuant to any law of this state, except section 43-3318, 60-4,183, or 60-4,186, shall not be eligible to receive an employment driving permit during the period of such suspension or revocation.
(3) A person who is issued an employment driving permit may operate any motor vehicle, except a commercial motor vehicle, (a) from his or her residence to his or her place of employment and return and (b) during the normal course of employment if the use of a motor vehicle is necessary in the course of such employment. Such permit shall indicate for which purposes the permit may be used. All permits issued pursuant to this section shall indicate that the permit is not valid for the operation of any commercial motor vehicle.
(4) The operation of a motor vehicle by the holder of an employment driving permit, except as provided in this section, shall be unlawful. Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of a Class IV misdemeanor.
(5) The director shall revoke a person's employment driving permit upon receipt of an abstract of conviction, other than a conviction which is based upon actions which resulted in the application for such employment driving permit, indicating that the person committed an offense for which points are assessed pursuant to section 60-4,182. If the permit is revoked in this manner, the person shall not be eligible to receive an employment driving permit for the remainder of the period of suspension or revocation of his or her operator's license.