Nebraska Revised Statute 60-3,239
Prostate Cancer Awareness Plates; design.
(1) The department shall design license plates to be known as Prostate Cancer Awareness Plates. The design shall include a light blue ribbon and the words "early detection saves lives" along the bottom of the plate.
(2) The design shall be selected on the basis of limiting the manufacturing cost of each plate to an amount less than or equal to the amount charged for license plates pursuant to section 60-3,102. The department shall make applications available for this type of plate when it is designed.
(3) One type of plate under this section shall be alphanumeric plates. The department shall:
(a) Assign a designation up to five characters; and
(b) Not use a county designation.
(4) One type of plate under this section shall be personalized message plates. Such plates shall be issued subject to the same conditions specified for personalized message license plates in section 60-3,118, except that a maximum of five characters may be used.
(5) The department shall cease to issue Prostate Cancer Awareness Plates beginning with the next license plate issuance cycle after the license plate issuance cycle that begins in 2023 pursuant to section 60-3,101 if the total number of registered vehicles that obtained such plates is less than five hundred per year within any prior consecutive two-year period.