(1) There is hereby created the Nebraska Snowmobile Trail Cash Fund into which shall be deposited the portion of the fees collected from snowmobile registration as provided in section 60-3,217.
(2) The Game and Parks Commission shall use the money in the Nebraska Snowmobile Trail Cash Fund for the operation, maintenance, enforcement, planning, establishment, and marking of snowmobile trails throughout the state and for the acquisition by purchase or lease of real property to carry out the provisions of this section.
(3) The commission shall establish rules and regulations pertaining to the use and maintenance of snowmobile trails.
(4) Transfers may be made from the Nebraska Snowmobile Trail Cash Fund to the General Fund at the direction of the Legislature. Any money in the Nebraska Snowmobile Trail Cash Fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.
(5) The State Treasurer shall transfer the unobligated June 30, 2017, balance in the Nebraska Snowmobile Trail Cash Fund to the General Fund on or before July 31, 2017, on such date as directed by the budget administrator of the budget division of the Department of Administrative Services.