(1) For the registration of any commercial trailer or semitrailer, the fee shall be one dollar.
(2) The fee for utility trailers shall be one dollar for each one thousand pounds gross vehicle weight or fraction thereof, up to and including nine thousand pounds. Utility trailer license plates shall display, in addition to the registration number, the letter X. Trailers other than farm trailers of more than nine thousand pounds must be registered as commercial trailers.
(3) The fee for cabin trailers having gross vehicle weight of one thousand pounds or less shall be nine dollars and more than one thousand pounds, but less than two thousand pounds, shall be twelve dollars. Cabin trailers having a gross vehicle weight of two thousand pounds or more shall be registered for a fee of fifteen dollars.
(4) Recreational vehicles having a gross vehicle weight of eight thousand pounds or less shall be registered for a fee of eighteen dollars, those having a gross vehicle weight of more than eight thousand pounds but less than twelve thousand pounds shall be registered for thirty dollars, and those having a gross vehicle weight of twelve thousand pounds or over shall be registered for forty-two dollars. When living quarters are added to a registered truck, a recreational vehicle registration may be obtained without surrender of the truck registration, in which event both the truck and recreational vehicle license plates shall be displayed on the vehicle. Recreational vehicle license plates shall be the same size and of the same basic design as regular license plates issued pursuant to section 60-3,100.
(5) Farm trailers shall be licensed for a fee of one dollar, except that when a farm trailer is used with a registered farm truck, such farm trailer may, at the option of the owner, be registered as a separate unit for a fee of three dollars per ton gross vehicle weight and, if so registered, shall not be considered a truck and trailer combination for purposes of sections 60-3,145 and 60-3,146. Farm trailer license plates shall display, in addition to the registration number, the letter X.
(6) Fertilizer trailers shall be registered for a fee of one dollar. Fertilizer trailer license plates shall display, in addition to the registration number, the letter X.
(7) Trailers used to haul poles and cable reels owned and operated exclusively by public utility companies shall be licensed at a fee based on two dollars for each one-thousand-pound load to be hauled or any fraction thereof, and such load shall not exceed sixteen thousand pounds.