Nebraska Revised Statute 60-3,122
Pearl Harbor plates.
(1) Any person may, in addition to the application required by section 60-385, apply to the department for license plates designed by the department to indicate that he or she is a survivor of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor if he or she:
(a) Was a member of the United States Armed Forces on December 7, 1941;
(b) Was on station on December 7, 1941, during the hours of 7:55 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Hawaii time at Pearl Harbor, the island of Oahu, or offshore at a distance not to exceed three miles;
(c) Was discharged or otherwise separated with a characterization of honorable from the United States Armed Forces; and
(d) Holds a current membership in a Nebraska Chapter of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association.
(2) Pearl Harbor license plates shall be issued upon the applicant paying the license plate fee as provided in subsection (3) of this section and furnishing proof satisfactory to the department that the applicant fulfills the requirements provided by subsection (1) of this section. Any number of motor vehicles, trailers, or semitrailers owned by the applicant may be so licensed at any one time. Motor vehicles and trailers registered under section 60-3,198 shall not be so licensed.
(3) Until January 1, 2021, the applicant for Pearl Harbor license plates shall pay the license plate fee required under section 60-3,102. Beginning January 1, 2021, no license plate fee shall be required for Pearl Harbor license plates.
(4) If the license plates issued pursuant to this section are lost, stolen, or mutilated, the recipient of the plates shall be issued replacement license plates upon request and without charge.
(5) Beginning January 1, 2021, license plates issued under this section shall not require the payment of any additional license plate fees and shall be permanently attached to the vehicle to which the plates are registered as long as the vehicle is properly registered by the applicant annually.
(6) This subsection applies beginning on an implementation date designated by the director. The director shall designate an implementation date that is on or before January 1, 2021. The county treasurer or the department may issue temporary license stickers to the applicant under this section for the applicant to lawfully operate the vehicle pending receipt of the license plates. No charge in addition to the registration fee shall be made for the issuance of a temporary license sticker under this subsection. The department shall furnish temporary license stickers for issuance by the county treasurer at no cost to the counties. The department may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations regarding the design and issuance of temporary license stickers.
- Laws 2005, LB 274, § 122;
- Laws 2007, LB286, § 40;
- Laws 2009, LB110, § 6;
- Laws 2010, LB705, § 1;
- Laws 2015, LB642, § 5;
- Laws 2017, LB263, § 42;
- Laws 2019, LB138, § 9;
- Laws 2019, LB270, § 16.
- Effective Date: September 1, 2019
- Note: The Revisor of Statutes has pursuant to section 49-769 correlated LB138, section 9, with LB270, section 16, to reflect all amendments.