(1) The Department of Motor Vehicles shall develop an electronic dealer services system for implementation as provided in subsection (7) of this section. The Director of Motor Vehicles shall approve a licensed dealer as defined in sections 60-119.02 and 60-335.01 for participation in the system. A licensed dealer may voluntarily participate in the system and provide titling and registration services. A licensed dealer who chooses to participate may collect from a purchaser of a vehicle as defined in section 60-136, who also chooses to participate, all appropriate certificate of title fees, notation of lien fees, registration fees, motor vehicle taxes and fees, and sales taxes. All such fees and taxes collected shall be remitted to the appropriate county treasurer or the department as provided in the Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Act, the Motor Vehicle Registration Act, and the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967.
(2) In addition to the fees and taxes described in subsection (1) of this section, a participating licensed dealer may charge and collect a service fee not to exceed fifty dollars from a purchaser electing to use the electronic dealer services system.
(3) The department shall provide an approved participating licensed dealer with access to the electronic dealer services system by a method determined by the director. An approved licensed dealer who chooses to participate shall use the system to electronically submit title, registration, and lien information to the Vehicle Title and Registration System maintained by the department. License plates, registration certificates, and certificates of title shall be delivered as provided under the Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Act and the Motor Vehicle Registration Act.
(4) The director may remove a licensed dealer's authority to participate in the electronic dealer services system for any violation of the Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Act, the Motor Vehicle Industry Regulation Act, the Motor Vehicle Registration Act, or the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967, for failure to timely remit fees and taxes collected under this section, or for any other conduct the director deems to have or will have an adverse effect on the public or any governmental entity.
(5) An approved licensed dealer participating in the electronic dealer services system shall not release, disclose, use, or share personal or sensitive information contained in the records accessible through the electronic dealer services system as prohibited under the Uniform Motor Vehicle Records Disclosure Act, except that a licensed dealer may release, disclose, use, or share such personal or sensitive information when necessary to fulfill the requirements of the electronic dealer services system as approved by the department. An approved licensed dealer participating in the electronic dealer services system shall be responsible for ensuring that such licensed dealer's employees and agents comply with the Uniform Motor Vehicle Records Disclosure Act.
(6) The department may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations governing the eligibility for approval and removal of licensed dealers to participate in the electronic dealer services system, the procedures and requirements necessary to implement and maintain such system, and the procedures and requirements for approved licensed dealers participating in such system.
(7) The department shall implement the electronic dealer services system on a date to be determined by the director but not later than January 1, 2021.