54-850. Manufacturer or distributor; license required; application; fee; posting; exception; cancellation.

(1) No person shall manufacture or distribute commercial feed in this state unless such person holds a valid license for each manufacturing and distribution facility in this state. Any out-of-state manufacturer or distributor who has no distribution facility within this state shall obtain a license for his or her principal out-of-state office if he or she markets or distributes commercial feed in the State of Nebraska.

(2) Application for a license shall be made to the department on forms prescribed and furnished by the department. The application shall be accompanied by an annual license fee of fifteen dollars. Licenses shall be renewed on or before January 1 of each year.

(3) A copy of the valid license shall be posted in a conspicuous place in each manufacturing or distribution facility.

(4) This section shall not apply to any person who distributes less than a five-ton volume of commercial feed annually.

(5) The director may refuse to issue a license for any commercial feed facility not in compliance with the Commercial Feed Act and may cancel any license subsequently found not in compliance with such act. No license shall be refused or canceled unless the applicant has been given an opportunity to be heard before the director.

Source:Laws 1986, LB 322, § 4; Laws 1997, LB 752, § 133; Laws 2016, LB909, § 4.