Nebraska Revised Statute 54-7,105.01
For purposes of the Exotic Animal Auction or Exchange Venue Act:
(1) Accredited veterinarian has the same meaning as in section 54-2903;
(2) Animal has the same meaning as in section 54-2906;
(3) Animal welfare organization has the same meaning as in section 54-2503;
(4) Certificate of veterinary inspection means a legible document approved by the department, either paper copy or electronic, issued by an accredited veterinarian at the point of origin of an animal movement which records the (a) name and address of both consignor and consignee, (b) purpose of animal's movement, (c) destination in the state which includes the street address or enhanced-911 address of the premises, (d) age, breed, sex, and number of animals in the shipment, (e) description of the animals, (f) individual identification, when required, and (g) health examination date of the animals. The certificate of veterinary inspection is an acknowledgment by the accredited veterinarian of the apparent absence of any infectious, dangerous, contagious, or otherwise transmissible disease of any animal sold or offered for sale, purchased, bartered, or other change of ownership at an exotic animal auction or exchange venue;
(5) Change of ownership means the transfer within the State of Nebraska of possession or control of an animal allowed to be transferred through consignment, sale, purchase, barter, lease, exchange, trade, gift, or any other transfer of possession or control at an exotic animal auction or exchange venue;
(6) Dangerous disease has the same meaning as in section 54-2911;
(7) Department means the Department of Agriculture of the State of Nebraska;
(8) Domesticated cervine animal has the same meaning as in section 54-2914;
(9) Exotic animal means any animal which is not commonly sold through licensed livestock auction markets pursuant to the Livestock Auction Market Act. Such animals shall include, but not be limited to, miniature cattle (bovine), miniature horses, miniature donkeys, sheep (ovine), goats (caprine), alpacas (camelid), llamas (camelid), pot-bellied pigs (porcine), and small mammals, with the exception of cats of the Felis domesticus species and dogs of the Canis familiaris species. The term also includes birds and poultry. The term does not include beef and dairy cattle, calves, swine, bison, or domesticated cervine animals;
(10) Exotic animal auction or exchange venue means any event or location, other than a livestock auction market as defined in section 54-1158 or events by an animal welfare organization or at an animal welfare organization location, where (a) an exotic animal is consigned, purchased, sold, traded, bartered, given away, or otherwise transferred, (b) an offer to purchase an exotic animal is made, (c) an exotic animal is offered to be consigned, sold, traded, bartered, given away, or otherwise transferred, or (d) any other event or location where there is a change of ownership of an exotic animal;
(11) Exotic animal auction or exchange venue organizer means a person in charge of organizing an exotic animal auction or exchange venue event, and may include any person who: (a) Arranges events for third parties to have private sales or trades of exotic animals; (b) organizes or coordinates exotic animal auctions or exchange venues; (c) leases out areas for exotic animal auctions or exchange venues; (d) provides or coordinates other similar arrangements involving exotic animals at retail establishments such as feed and supply stores, farm implement stores, and farm and ranch stores, which allow such sales in or on the premises; or (e) takes exotic animals for consignment on behalf of third parties;
(12) Officially identified means the application of an official identification device or method approved by the United States Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Veterinary Services; and
(13) Poultry has the same meaning as in section 54-2926.
- Livestock Auction Market Act, see section 54-1156.