Nebraska Revised Statute 54-7,104
(1) Each express company engaged in the business of receiving and transporting freight in this state shall, when livestock is entrusted to its care for shipment or transportation, exercise due care and diligence in protecting such livestock from all inclement weather during the period of such shipment. All such express companies shall provide for the proper housing of any livestock, whether crated or uncrated, entrusted to its care at any point where such express company receives freight to be shipped to other points or at any point where such express company receives freight transported from other points.
(2) Any violation of this section is a Class V misdemeanor.
- Laws 1915, c. 177, § 1, p. 361;
- C.S.1922, § 7138;
- C.S.1929, § 86-507;
- R.S.1943, § 86-502;
- R.S.1943, (1999), § 86-502;
- Laws 2002, LB 1105, § 441.
- Livestock transportation authority form, see section 54-1,115.