As used in sections 54-1701 to 54-1711, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Department shall mean the Department of Agriculture;
(2) Director shall mean the Director of Agriculture;
(3) State Veterinarian shall mean the person officially appointed to this position by the director;
(4) Livestock shall mean cattle, sheep, and swine;
(5) Livestock dealer shall mean any person, partnership, limited liability company, association, or corporation who is engaged in the business of buying or selling livestock for the purpose of resale within this state either for his or her own account or as the employee or agent of the seller or purchaser, except an agent or employee who buys and sells exclusively for the account of a licensed dealer. Livestock dealer shall also include those who buy or sell from a concentration point. Livestock dealer shall not include a person or persons engaged in a farm or ranch operation who purchases livestock for utilization of same as an integral part of the livestock and livestock product production of his or her farm or ranch operation or purebred sales held by the breed registry associations or the purchase or sale of livestock primarily used for research, experimentation, exhibition, or entertainment purposes, including sales by the Future Farmers of America or 4-H groups; and
(6) Concentration point shall mean any place of business where livestock is assembled for resale.