Nebraska Revised Statute 53-1,120
Alcohol-related offenses; law, ordinance, resolution, or rule; effect.
(1) Nothing in sections 53-1,119, 53-1,120, and 60-679 shall affect any law, ordinance, resolution, or rule against drunken driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, or other similar offense involving the operation of a vehicle, aircraft, boat, machinery, or other equipment or regarding the sale, purchase, dispensing, possessing, or use of alcoholic beverages at stated times and places or by a particular class of persons.
(2) The fact that a person is intoxicated or incapacitated by alcohol shall not prevent such person from being arrested or prosecuted for the commission of any criminal act or conduct not enumerated in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) No provision of such sections shall prevent such person from being taken into custody under the provisions of the Nebraska Mental Health Commitment Act as an alcoholic person who presents the risks enumerated in section 71-908.
(4) Nothing in sections 53-1,119, 53-1,120, and 60-679 shall be construed as a limitation upon the right of a police officer to make an otherwise legal arrest, even though the arrested person may be intoxicated or incapacitated by alcohol.
- Laws 1978, LB 593, § 3;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 45;
- Laws 2004, LB 1083, § 99.
- Nebraska Mental Health Commitment Act, see section 71-901.