Nebraska Revised Statute 53-1,113
Search warrant; sale of property seized; procedure; destruction, when required.
(1) It shall be the duty of the officer who has seized and is holding any of the property mentioned in section 53-1,111 to make application to the court on final determination of any prosecution arising under such search and seizure, and in which such prosecution has been commenced or prosecuted, for an order to sell such property. The court, if satisfied that the property so seized and held was at the time of its seizure being kept or used, or was fit for use in the unlawful manufacture or production of alcoholic liquor, shall make an order that (a) the commission dispose of any alcoholic liquor in accordance with the Nebraska Liquor Control Act and (b) any other property and effects be sold by such officer subject to the time, place, manner, and notice of such sale set by the order.
(2) Nothing contained in the Nebraska Liquor Control Act shall be considered to authorize the sale of any alcoholic liquor unlawfully manufactured fit for human consumption which comes into the possession of any officer or the commission by seizure, confiscation, or forfeiture under the provisions of the act without the payment of all taxes and inspection fees required by the laws of this state and of the United States, and all such unlawfully manufactured alcoholic liquor which is unfit for human consumption shall be destroyed.
(3) The commission shall destroy alcoholic liquor which is unfit for human consumption and may sell alcoholic liquor, when directed by order of the court, at the time, place, and manner the commission determines to be in the public interest and subject to the taxes and inspection fees required by the laws of this state and of the United States.
- Laws 1935, c. 116, § 80, p. 416;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 53-380;
- R.S.1943, § 53-1,113;
- Laws 1994, LB 859, § 19;
- Laws 2015, LB330, § 27.