Effective financing statement means a statement that:
(1) Is an original or reproduced copy thereof;
(2) Is filed by the secured party in the office of the Secretary of State;
(3) Is signed, authorized, or otherwise authenticated by the debtor, unless filed electronically, in which case the signature of the debtor shall not be required;
(4) Contains (a) the name and address of the secured party, (b) the name and address of the debtor, (c) the approved unique identifier of the debtor, (d) a description of the farm products subject to the security interest, (e) each county in Nebraska where the farm product is produced or located, (f) crop year unless every crop of the farm product in question, for the duration of the effective financing statement, is to be subject to the particular security interest, (g) further details of the farm product subject to the security interest if needed to distinguish it from other quantities of such product owned by the same person or persons but not subject to the particular security interest, and (h) such other information that the Secretary of State may require to comply with section 1324 of the Food Security Act of 1985, Public Law 99-198, or to more efficiently carry out his or her duties under sections 52-1301 to 52-1322;
(5) Shall be amended in writing, within three months, and signed, authorized, or otherwise authenticated by the debtor and filed, to reflect material changes. A change in the name or address of the secured party shall not constitute a material change. If the statement is filed electronically, the signature of the debtor shall not be required;
(6) Remains effective for a period of five years from the date of filing, subject to extensions for additional periods of five years each by refiling or filing a continuation statement within six months before the expiration of the five-year period;
(7) Lapses on either the expiration of the effective period of the statement or the filing of a notice signed by the secured party that the statement is terminated, whichever occurs first;
(8) Is accompanied by the requisite filing fee set by section 52-1313; and
(9) Substantially complies with the requirements of this section even though the statement contains minor errors that are not seriously misleading.
An effective financing statement properly filed with a social security number or an Internal Revenue Service taxpayer identification number shall maintain its effectiveness regardless that such numbers are not required on such statement.
An effective financing statement may, for any given debtor or debtors, cover more than one farm product located in more than one county.