(1) Requests for performance audits may be made by the Governor, any other constitutional officer of the State of Nebraska, a legislator, the Legislative Auditor, the Legislative Fiscal Analyst, or the Director of Research of the Legislature.
(2) Performance audit requests shall be submitted to the committee chairperson or Legislative Auditor by letter or on a form developed by the Legislative Auditor.
(3) When considering a performance audit request, if the committee determines that the request has potential merit but insufficient information is available, it may, by majority vote, instruct the Legislative Auditor to conduct a preaudit inquiry.
(4) Upon completion of the preaudit inquiry, the committee chairperson shall place the request on the agenda for the committee's next meeting and shall notify the request sponsor of that action.
(5) Tax incentive performance audits shall be initiated as provided in section 50-1209.