48-1232. Employee; claim; judgment; additional recovery from employer; when.

If an employee establishes a claim and secures judgment on such claim under subsection (1) of section 48-1231: (1) An amount equal to the judgment may be recovered from the employer; or (2) if the nonpayment of wages is found to be willful, an amount equal to two times the amount of unpaid wages shall be recovered from the employer. Any amount recovered pursuant to subdivision (1) or (2) of this section shall be remitted to the State Treasurer for distribution in accordance with Article VII, section 5, of the Constitution of Nebraska.

Source:Laws 1977, LB 220A, § 5; Laws 1989, LB 238, § 2; Laws 1990, LB 1178, § 1; Laws 2007, LB255, § 5; Laws 2010, LB884, § 4.