Nebraska Revised Statute 44-3,144
Health care coverage of children; terms, defined.
(1) Authorized attorney has the same meaning as in section 43-512;
(2) Child means an individual to whom or on whose behalf a legal duty of support is owed by an obligor;
(3) Department means the Department of Health and Human Services;
(4) Employer means an individual, a firm, a partnership, a corporation, an association, a union, a political subdivision, a state agency, or any agent thereof who pays income to an obligor on a periodic basis and has or provides health care coverage to the obligor-employee;
(5) Health care coverage means a health benefit plan or combination of plans, including fee for service, health maintenance organization, preferred provider organization, and other types of coverage available to either party, under which medical services could be provided to dependent children, that provide medical care or benefits;
(6) Insurer means an insurer as defined in section 44-103 offering a group health plan as defined in 29 U.S.C. 1167, as such section existed on January 1, 2002;
(7) Medical support means the provision of health care coverage, contribution to the cost of health care coverage, contribution to expenses associated with the birth of a child, other uninsured medical expenses of a child, or any combination thereof;
(8) Medical assistance program means the program established pursuant to the Medical Assistance Act;
(9) National medical support notice means a uniform administrative notice issued by the county attorney, authorized attorney, or department to enforce the medical support provisions of a support order;
(10) Obligee has the same meaning as in section 43-3341;
(11) Obligor has the same meaning as in section 43-3341;
(12) Plan administrator means the person or entity that administers health care coverage for an employer;
(13) Qualified medical child support order means an order that meets the requirements of 29 U.S.C. 1169, as such section existed on January 1, 2002; and
(14) Uninsured medical expenses means the reasonable and necessary health-related expenses that are not paid by health care coverage.
- Medical Assistance Act, see section 68-901.