(1) As long as malpractice liability insurance remains in force under the qualification set forth in section 44-2824 and unless the patient has elected not to come under sections 44-2801 to 44-2855, the health care provider and his insurer shall be liable to a patient, or his representative, for malpractice, professional negligence, failure to provide care, breach of contract relating to providing medical care, or other claim based on failure to obtain informed consent to an operation or treatment, only to the extent and in the manner specified in sections 44-2801 to 44-2855.
(2) The filing of proof of financial responsibility with the director shall constitute, on the part of the insurer and the health care provider, a conclusive and unqualified acceptance of the provisions of sections 44-2801 to 44-2855.
(3) Failure of the patient or his representative to file his refusal to be bound by sections 44-2801 to 44-2855 shall constitute conclusive and unqualified acceptance of sections 44-2801 to 44-2855.
(4) Any provision in a policy attempting to limit or modify the liability of the insurer contrary to the provisions of sections 44-2801 to 44-2855 shall be void.
(5) Each policy issued under sections 44-2801 to 44-2855 shall be deemed to include the following provisions and any amendments thereto which may be occasioned by legislation passed by the Legislature of the State of Nebraska, as fully as if written in such policy:
(a) The insurer shall assume all obligations to pay an award imposed against its insured under the provisions of sections 44-2801 to 44-2855; and
(b) Any termination of the policy by cancellation shall not be effective as to patients claiming against the insured covered thereby unless, at least thirty days before the effective date of the cancellation, a written notice giving the date upon which termination becomes effective has been mailed to the insured at his last-known address and to the director at his office by certified or registered mail with sufficient postage attached.
(6) If an insurer shall fail or refuse to pay a final judgment, or shall fail or refuse to comply with any provisions of sections 44-2801 to 44-2855, in addition to any other legal remedy, the director may also revoke the approval of its policy form until the insurer shall pay the award or judgment or shall comply with the violated provisions of sections 44-2801 to 44-2855 and has resubmitted its policy form and received the approval of the director.