42-812. Petition; filing; effect.

Prior to the filing of any action for divorce, annulment, or separate maintenance, either spouse or both spouses may file a petition with the clerk of the district court of the county of the residence of either spouse wherein a conciliation court has been established, invoking the jurisdiction of the conciliation court for the purpose of preserving the marriage by effecting a reconciliation between the parties, or for amicable settlement of the controversy between the spouses, so as to avoid further litigation over the issue involved.

Source:Laws 1965, c. 228, § 12, p. 658; Laws 1996, LB 1296, § 16; Laws 1997, LB 229, § 30.