The following classes of persons shall not be construed to be engaged in the unauthorized practice of physical therapy:
(1) A member of another profession who is credentialed by the department and who is acting within the scope of practice of his or her profession;
(2) A student in an approved educational program who is performing physical therapy or related services within the scope of such program and under the direct supervision of a physical therapist;
(3) A person practicing physical therapy or as a physical therapist assistant in this state who serves in the armed forces of the United States or the United States Public Health Service or who is employed by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal agencies, if their practice is limited to that service or employment;
(4) A person credentialed to practice physical therapy or as a physical therapist assistant in another jurisdiction of the United States or in another country who is teaching physical therapy or demonstrating or providing physical therapy or related services in connection with an educational program in this state;
(5) A person credentialed to practice physical therapy in another jurisdiction of the United States or in another country who, by contract or employment, is providing physical therapy or related services in this state to individuals affiliated with established athletic teams, athletic organizations, or performing arts companies while such teams, organizations, or companies are present and temporarily practicing, competing, or performing in this state; or
(6) A person employed by a school district, educational service unit, or other public or private educational institution or entity serving prekindergarten through twelfth grade students who is providing personal assistance services, including mobility and transfer activities, such as assisting with ambulation with and without aids; positioning in adaptive equipment; application of braces; encouraging active range-of-motion exercises; assisting with passive range-of-motion exercises; assisting with transfers with or without mechanical devices; and such other personal assistance services based on individual needs as are suitable to providing an appropriate educational program.