Nebraska Revised Statute 38-10,153
Chapter 38 Section 10,153
Nail technology school; students; requirements.
In order to maintain its license in good standing, each nail technology school shall operate in accordance with the following requirements:
(1) Every person accepted for enrollment as a standard student shall meet the following qualifications:
(a) He or she has attained the age of seventeen years on or before the date of his or her enrollment in a nail technology school;
(b) He or she has completed the equivalent of a high school education; and
(c) He or she has not undertaken any training in nail technology in this state after January 1, 2000, without being enrolled as a nail technology student;
(2)(a) Every person accepted for enrollment as a special study nail technology student shall meet the following requirements:
(i) He or she has attained the age of seventeen years on or before the date of enrollment in a nail technology school;
(ii) He or she has completed the tenth grade; and
(iii) He or she is actively continuing his or her formal high school education on a full-time basis as determined by the department.
(b) Special study nail technology students shall be limited to attending a nail technology school for no more than eight hours per week during the school year;
(3) No nail technology school shall accept an individual for enrollment who does not provide evidence of meeting the age and education requirements;
(4) Every person accepted for enrollment as a nail technology student instructor shall show evidence of current licensure as a nail technician in Nebraska and completion of formal education equivalent to a United States high school education;
(5) The school shall, at all times the school is in operation, have at least one nail technology instructor in the school for each twenty students or fraction thereof enrolled in the school;
(6) The school shall not permit any nail technology student to render clinical services on members of the public with or without fees until such student has satisfactorily completed the beginning curriculum, except that the department may establish guidelines by which it may approve such practices as part of the beginning curriculum;
(7) No school shall pay direct compensation to any of its nail technology students. Nail technology student instructors may be paid as determined by the school;
(8) All nail technology students and nail technology student instructors shall be under the supervision of a cosmetology instructor, nail technology instructor, or nail technology student instructor at all times when nail technology services are being taught or performed;
(9) No student shall be permitted by the school to train or work in a school in any manner for more than ten hours a day; and
(10) The school shall not credit a nail technology student or nail technology student instructor with hours except when such hours were earned in the study or practice of nail technology in accordance with the required curriculum. Hours shall be credited on a daily basis. Once credited, hours cannot be removed or disallowed except by the department upon a finding that the hours have been wrongfully allowed.