For purposes of the Nongame and Endangered Species Conservation Act, unless the context otherwise requires, the definitions found in sections 37-203 to 37-236, 37-238, 37-239, 37-241, and 37-243 to 37-247 and the following definitions are used:
(1) Endangered species means any species of wildlife or wild plants whose continued existence as a viable component of the wild fauna or flora of the state is determined to be in jeopardy or any species of wildlife or wild plants which meets the criteria of the Endangered Species Act;
(2) Extirpated species means any species of wildlife or wild plants which no longer exists or is found in Nebraska;
(3) Nongame species means any species of mollusks, crustaceans, or vertebrate wildlife not legally classified as game bird, game animal, game fish, fur-bearing animal, threatened species, or endangered species by statute or regulation of this state;
(4) Person means an individual, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, trust, association, or other private entity or any officer, employee, agent, department, or instrumentality of the federal government, any state or political subdivision thereof, or any foreign government;
(5) Species means any subspecies of wildlife or wild plants and any other group of wildlife of the same species or smaller taxa in common spatial arrangement that interbreed when mature;
(6) Take means to harass, harm, pursue, hunt, shoot, wound, kill, trap, capture, or collect or attempt to engage in any such conduct; and
(7) Threatened species means any species of wild fauna or flora which appears likely to become endangered, either by determination of the commission or by criteria provided by the Endangered Species Act.