(1) Any registered voter who is permitted to vote early pursuant to section 32-938 may appoint an agent to submit a request for a ballot for early voting on his or her behalf. The registered voter or his or her agent may request that the ballot be sent to the registered voter by mail or indicate on the request that the agent will personally pick up the ballot for such registered voter from the office of the election commissioner or county clerk. A registered voter or an agent acting on behalf of a registered voter shall request a ballot in writing to the election commissioner or county clerk in the county where the registered voter has established his or her residence, shall indicate the voter's residence address, the address to which the ballot is to be mailed if different, and the voter's telephone number if available and precinct if known, and shall:
(a) Present a valid photographic identification of the voter; or
(b) Include, with the request:
(i) The identification number of the voter's driver's license or state identification card issued by the State of Nebraska;
(ii) A photocopy of valid photographic identification issued to or related to the voter; or
(iii) The voter's reasonable impediment certification. The certification shall be verified pursuant to section 32-1002.01.
(2) The registered voter or the voter's agent may use the form published by the election commissioner or county clerk pursuant to section 32-808. The registered voter or his or her agent shall sign the request.
(3) A candidate for office at such election and any person serving on a campaign committee for such a candidate shall not act as an agent for any registered voter requesting a ballot pursuant to this section unless such person is a member of the registered voter's family. No person shall act as agent for more than two registered voters in any election.
(4) The agent shall pick up the ballot before one hour prior to the closing of the polls on election day and deliver the ballot to the registered voter. The ballot shall be returned not later than the closing of the polls on the day of the election and shall be returned in an identification envelope as provided in section 32-947.
(5) The election commissioner or county clerk shall adopt procedures for the distribution of ballots under this section.
(6) Subdivisions (1)(a) and (b) of this section do not apply to any voter who casts a ballot pursuant to section 32-939.02 or 32-939.03.