As used in sections 28-1406 to 28-1416, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Unlawful force shall mean force, including confinement, which is employed without the consent of the person against whom it is directed and the employment of which constitutes an offense or actionable tort or would constitute such offense or tort except for a defense such as the absence of intent, negligence, or mental capacity; duress; youth; or diplomatic status; not amounting to a privilege to use the force;
(2) Assent shall mean consent, whether or not it otherwise is legally effective, except assent to the infliction of death or serious bodily harm;
(3) Deadly force shall mean force which the actor uses with the purpose of causing or which he knows to create a substantial risk of causing death or serious bodily harm. Purposely firing a firearm in the direction of another person or at a vehicle in which another person is believed to be constitutes deadly force. A threat to cause death or serious bodily harm, by the production of a weapon or otherwise, so long as the actor's purpose is limited to creating an apprehension that he will use deadly force if necessary, shall not constitute deadly force;
(4) Actor shall mean any person who uses force in such a manner as to attempt to invoke the privileges and immunities afforded him by sections 28-1406 to 28-1416, except any duly authorized law enforcement officer of the State of Nebraska or its political subdivisions;
(5) Dwelling shall mean any building or structure, though movable or temporary, or a portion thereof, which is for the time being the actor's home or place of lodging; and
(6) Public officer shall mean any elected or appointed officer or employee of the State of Nebraska or its political subdivisions, except any duly authorized law enforcement officer of the State of Nebraska or its political subdivisions.