Nebraska Revised Statute 21-2,152
Amendment by board of directors and shareholders.
(MBCA 10.03) If a corporation has issued shares, an amendment to the articles of incorporation shall be adopted in the following manner:
(1) The proposed amendment must be adopted by the board of directors.
(2) Except as provided in sections 21-2,154, 21-2,156, and 21-2,157, after adopting the proposed amendment the board of directors must submit the amendment to the shareholders for their approval. The board of directors must also transmit to the shareholders a recommendation that the shareholders approve the amendment unless (i) the board of directors makes a determination that because of conflicts of interest or other special circumstances it should not make such a recommendation or (ii) section 21-2,101 applies. If subdivision (2)(i) or (ii) of this section applies, the board must transmit to the shareholders the basis for so proceeding.
(3) The board of directors may condition its submission of the amendment to the shareholders on any basis.
(4) If the amendment is required to be approved by the shareholders and the approval is to be given at a meeting, the corporation must notify each shareholder, whether or not entitled to vote, of the meeting of shareholders at which the amendment is to be submitted for approval. The notice must state that the purpose, or one of the purposes, of the meeting is to consider the amendment and must contain or be accompanied by a copy of the amendment.
(5) Unless the articles of incorporation, or the board of directors acting pursuant to subdivision (3) of this section, requires a greater vote or a greater number of shares to be present, approval of the amendment requires the approval of the shareholders at a meeting at which a quorum consisting of at least a majority of the votes entitled to be cast on the amendment exists, and, if any class or series of shares is entitled to vote as a separate group on the amendment, except as provided in subsection (c) of section 21-2,153, the approval of each such separate voting group at a meeting at which a quorum of the voting group consisting of at least a majority of the votes entitled to be cast on the amendment by that voting group exists.