Nebraska Revised Statute 21-2,134
Chapter 21 Section 2,134
Action on a plan of nonprofit conversion.
(MBCA 9.31) In the case of a conversion of a domestic business corporation to a domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation:
(1) The plan of nonprofit conversion must be adopted by the board of directors.
(2) After adopting the plan of nonprofit conversion, the board of directors must submit the plan to the shareholders for their approval. The board of directors must also transmit to the shareholders a recommendation that the shareholders approve the plan, unless (i) the board of directors makes a determination that because of conflicts of interest or other special circumstances it should not make such a recommendation or (ii) section 21-2,101 applies. If subdivision (2)(i) or (ii) of this section applies, the board must transmit to the shareholders the basis for so proceeding.
(3) The board of directors may condition its submission of the plan of nonprofit conversion to the shareholders on any basis.
(4) If the approval of the shareholders is to be given at a meeting, the corporation must notify each shareholder of the meeting of shareholders at which the plan of nonprofit conversion is to be submitted for approval. The notice must state that the purpose, or one of the purposes, of the meeting is to consider the plan and must contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the plan. The notice shall include or be accompanied by a copy of the articles of incorporation as they will be in effect immediately after the nonprofit conversion.
(5) Unless the articles of incorporation, or the board of directors acting pursuant to subdivision (3) of this section, requires a greater vote or a greater number of votes to be present, approval of the plan of nonprofit conversion requires the approval of each class or series of shares of the corporation voting as a separate voting group at a meeting at which a quorum of the voting group consisting of at least a majority of the votes entitled to be cast on the nonprofit conversion by that voting group exists.
(6) If any provision of the articles of incorporation, bylaws, or an agreement to which any of the directors or shareholders are parties, adopted or entered into before January 1, 2017, applies to a merger, other than a provision that eliminates or limits voting or appraisal rights, and the document does not refer to a nonprofit conversion of the corporation, the provision shall be deemed to apply to a nonprofit conversion of the corporation until such time as the provision is amended subsequent to that date.