(MBCA 9.30) (a) A domestic business corporation may become a domestic nonprofit corporation pursuant to a plan of nonprofit conversion.
(b) A domestic business corporation may become a foreign nonprofit corporation if the nonprofit conversion is permitted by the laws of the foreign jurisdiction. Regardless of whether the laws of the foreign jurisdiction require the adoption of a plan of nonprofit conversion, the foreign nonprofit conversion shall be approved by the adoption by the domestic business corporation of a plan of nonprofit conversion in the manner provided in sections 21-2,133 to 21-2,138.
(c) The plan of nonprofit conversion must include:
(1) The terms and conditions of the conversion;
(2) The manner and basis of reclassifying the shares of the corporation following its conversion into memberships, if any, or securities, obligations, rights to acquire memberships or securities, cash, other property, or any combination of the foregoing;
(3) Any desired amendments to the articles of incorporation of the corporation following its conversion; and
(4) If the domestic business corporation is to be converted to a foreign nonprofit corporation, a statement of the jurisdiction in which the corporation will be incorporated after the conversion.
(d) The plan of nonprofit conversion may also include a provision that the plan may be amended prior to filing articles of nonprofit conversion, except that subsequent to approval of the plan by the shareholders the plan may not be amended to change:
(1) The amount or kind of memberships or securities, obligations, rights to acquire memberships or securities, cash, or other property to be received by the shareholders under the plan;
(2) The articles of incorporation as they will be in effect immediately following the conversion, except for changes permitted by section 21-2,154; or
(3) Any of the other terms or conditions of the plan if the change would adversely affect any of the shareholders in any material respect.
(e) Terms of a plan of nonprofit conversion may be made dependent upon facts objectively ascertainable outside the plan in accordance with subsection (k) of section 21-203.
(f) If any debt security, note, or similar evidence of indebtedness for money borrowed, whether secured or unsecured, or a contract of any kind, issued, incurred, or signed by a domestic business corporation before January 1, 2017, contains a provision applying to a merger of the corporation and the document does not refer to a nonprofit conversion of the corporation, the provision shall be deemed to apply to a nonprofit conversion of the corporation until such time as the provision is amended subsequent to that date.