(a) A foreign corporation may register its corporate name, or its corporate name with any change required by section 21-19,151, if the name is not the same as or deceptively similar to, upon the records of the Secretary of State:
(1) The corporate name of a nonprofit or business corporation incorporated or authorized to do business in this state;
(2) A corporate name reserved under section 21-231 or 21-1932 or registered under this section; and
(3) Any other business entity name registered or filed with the Secretary of State pursuant to Nebraska law.
(b) A foreign corporation registers its corporate name, or its corporate name with any change required by section 21-19,151, by delivering to the Secretary of State an application:
(1) Setting forth its corporate name, or its corporate name with any change required by section 21-19,151, the state or country and date of its incorporation, and a brief description of the nature of the activities in which it is engaged; and
(2) Accompanied by a certificate of existence (or a document of similar import) from the state or country of incorporation. Such certificate or document shall not bear a date of more than sixty days prior to the date the application is filed in this state.
(c) The corporate name is registered for the applicant's exclusive use upon the effective date of the application.
(d) A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may renew it for successive years by delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a renewal application, which complies with the requirements of subsection (b) of this section, between October 1 and December 31 of the preceding year. The renewal application renews the registration for the following calendar year.
(e) A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may thereafter qualify as a foreign corporation under that name or consent in writing to the use of that name by a corporation or other business entity thereafter incorporated under the Nebraska Nonprofit Corporation Act or authorized to transact business in this state or by another foreign corporation or business entity thereafter authorized to transact business in this state. The registration terminates when the domestic corporation is incorporated or the foreign corporation or business entity qualifies or consents to the qualification of another foreign corporation or business entity under the registered name.