(RULLCA 703) (a) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (d) of this section, a dissolved limited liability company may give notice of a known claim under subsection (b) of this section, which has the effect as provided in subsection (c) of this section.
(b) A dissolved limited liability company may in a record notify its known claimants of the dissolution. The notice must:
(1) specify the information required to be included in a claim;
(2) provide a mailing address to which the claim is to be sent;
(3) state the deadline for receipt of the claim, which may not be less than one hundred twenty days after the date the notice is received by the claimant; and
(4) state that the claim will be barred if not received by the deadline.
(c) A claim against a dissolved limited liability company is barred if the requirements of subsection (b) of this section are met and:
(1) the claim is not received by the specified deadline; or
(2) if the claim is timely received but rejected by the company:
(A) the company causes the claimant to receive a notice in a record stating that the claim is rejected and will be barred unless the claimant commences an action against the company to enforce the claim within ninety days after the claimant receives the notice; and
(B) the claimant does not commence the required action within the ninety days.
(d) This section does not apply to a claim based on an event occurring after the effective date of dissolution or a liability that on that date is contingent.