For purposes of the Agricultural Suppliers Lease Protection Act:
(1) Agricultural tenant means any public warehouse licensee as defined in section 88-526, any livestock auction market as defined in section 54-1158, or any other persons primarily engaged in the sale or distribution of fertilizer or agricultural chemicals or farm implements, machinery, or equipment occupying railroad land owned or controlled by a railroad or its grantee or successor in interest;
(2) Fair market lease rate means the lease rate of comparable commercial properties adjusted according to accepted appraisal standards which may include, but are not necessarily limited to, lease terms, market conditions, location, physical characteristics, economic characteristics stipulated in the lease, and nonrealty components or, in the absence of comparability, the lease rate as determined by comparable rates of return realized on the lease of other commercial property in proximity to the lease site;
(3) Good faith means honesty in fact in the conduct of the transaction concerned;
(4) Lease means any agreement between a railroad and a tenant under the terms of which a tenant occupies the surface of railroad land;
(5) Railroad land means any land acquired by a railroad in strips for right-of-way and any parcel or tract acquired by a railroad adjacent to its right-of-way to aid in the construction, maintenance, and accommodation of its railway and which is occupied pursuant to a lease by a tenant who owns substantial improvements thereon;
(6) Substantial improvements means buildings or other structures or fixtures to structures that are permanent in nature and includes equipment that is affixed to real property or structures; and
(7) Successor in interest includes any agent, successor, assignee, trustee, receiver, or other person acquiring interests or rights in railroad land, including, but not limited to, the owner or holder of any servient estate or right of reversion relating to railroad land.