The Missouri Basin Natural Resources Council shall consist of the following members:
(1) One senator appointed in the manner prescribed by the senate of such state, except that two senators may be appointed by the Governor of the State of Nebraska from the Unicameral Legislature of the State of Nebraska;
(2) One member of the house of representatives appointed in the manner prescribed by the house of representatives of such state;
(3) The director or head of the principal state agency that coordinates and regulates matters relating to natural resources in each state;
(4) The director or head of the principal state agency that conducts geological and ground water research, investigations, and monitoring in each state; and
(5) One member appointed by the Governor of each state who shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor.