As used in the Nebraska Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Authorized proficiency testing service means proficiency testing done by the department or any person the department approves to perform proficiency testing;
(2) Department means the Department of Agriculture;
(3) Director means the Director of Agriculture or his or her designated employee, representative, or authorized agent;
(4) Laboratory includes, but is not restricted to, facilities or parts of facilities maintained and utilized for the purpose of performing soil and plant analysis and may be either fixed or mobile;
(5) Person includes an individual, partnership, limited liability company, firm, association, corporation, or body corporate or any officer or member of the same;
(6) Proficiency testing means the process of providing check samples to laboratories, collecting check sample test results from the laboratories, and compiling and analyzing check sample test results; and
(7) Soil and plant analysis means the use of biological, chemical, or physical procedures in determining amounts of elements or compounds in the soil or in plants for the express purpose of providing a basis for plant nutrient application.