(1) An individual who uses restricted-use pesticides on the property of another person in the State of Nebraska for hire or compensation shall meet all certification requirements of the Pesticide Act and the rules and regulations adopted and promulgated under the act and shall be a commercial applicator license holder of a license issued for the categories in which the pesticide use is to be made.
(2) Any person who uses lawn care or structural pest control general-use pesticides on the property of another person in the State of Nebraska for hire or compensation shall be a commercial applicator license holder, except as provided in subsection (3) of section 2-2636, regardless of whether such person uses any restricted-use pesticide.
(3) Application for an original or renewal commercial applicator license shall be made to the department on forms prescribed by the department. The application shall include information as required by the director and be accompanied by a license fee of ninety dollars. The application shall include the applicant's date of birth. The fee may be increased by the director by rules and regulations adopted and promulgated pursuant to the act. The fee shall not exceed one hundred fifty dollars per license. All fees collected shall be remitted to the State Treasurer for credit to the Natural Resources Water Quality Fund.
(4) The department may deny a commercial applicator license if it has determined that:
(a) The applicant has had a license as a licensed certified applicator issued by this state or another state revoked within the last two years;
(b) The applicant has been unable to satisfactorily fulfill certification or licensing requirements;
(c) The applicant for any other reason cannot be expected to be able to fulfill the provisions of the Pesticide Act applicable to the category for which application is made; or
(d) An applicant for an original commercial applicator license has not passed an examination under sections 2-2637 and 2-2640.
(5) An individual to whom a commercial applicator license is issued shall be a licensed certified applicator authorized to use restricted-use pesticides in the categories in which the individual is licensed.
(6) As a condition to issuance of a commercial applicator license, an applicant located outside this state shall file with the department either a written designation of a resident agent for service of process or a written consent to the jurisdiction of this state for actions taken in the administration and enforcement of the act.