(1) The Nebraska State Fair Board shall be a board consisting of the following members:
(a) Seven members nominated and selected by district as provided in the constitution and bylaws of the board; and
(b) Four members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Legislature, three members selected from the business community of the state with one such member residing in each of the three congressional districts, as such districts existed on January 1, 2009, and one member selected from the business community of the most populous city within the county in which the Nebraska State Fair is located.
(2) The term of office for members of the board shall be for three years. Members selected by gubernatorial appointment pursuant to subdivision (1)(b) of this section as it existed prior to January 1, 2009, who continue to be qualified to serve shall continue their term of appointment and shall be eligible for reappointment subject to the limit of terms served prescribed in subsection (3) of this section. In the event that the Nebraska State Fair is to be relocated to a new host community, the term of the member appointed or designated from the business community of the previous host community shall be vacated and the Governor shall appoint a new member from the business community of the most populous city within the county in which the Nebraska State Fair is located to fulfill the remainder of the term of the vacating member.
(3) No person may serve more than three consecutive terms as a member of the board. No member of the Legislature may serve on the board.
(4) The board shall annually elect from its membership a chairperson, a vice-chairperson, a secretary, and such other officers as the board deems necessary. The officers shall be elected at the annual meeting of the board, or any other meeting of the board called for such purpose, and shall hold their offices for one year and until their successors are elected and qualified.
(5) The State 4-H Program Administrator of the Cooperative Extension Service of the University of Nebraska, or his or her designee, and the Executive Director of the Nebraska FFA, or his or her designee, shall be ex officio, nonvoting members of the Nebraska State Fair Board.