18-1748. Sewer connection line; driveway approach; owner; duty to maintain; notice; assessment for cost.

Any city or village may require the owner of any property which is within such city or village and connected to the public sewers or drains to repair or replace any connection line which serves the owner's property and is broken, clogged, or otherwise in need of repair or replacement. The property owner's duty to repair or replace such a connection line shall include those portions upon the owner's property and those portions upon public property or easements up to and including the point of junction with the public main.

Any city or village may require the owner of property served by a driveway approach constructed or maintained upon the street right-of-way to repair or replace any such driveway approach which is cracked, broken, or otherwise deteriorated to the extent that it is causing or is likely to cause damage to or interfere with any street structure including pavement or sidewalks.

The city or village shall give the property owner notice by registered letter or certified mail, directed to the last-known address of such owner or the agent of such owner, directing the repair or replacement of such connection line or driveway approach. If within thirty days of mailing such notice the property owner fails or neglects to cause such repairs or replacements to be made, the city or village may cause such work to be done and assess the cost upon the property served by such connection or approach.

Source:Laws 1984, LB 992, ยง 2.