(1) The department shall evaluate all applications for grants of assistance under section 13-2704.01 based on the following criteria, which are listed in no particular order of preference:
(a) Retention Impact. Funding decisions by the department shall be based on the likelihood of the project retaining existing residents in the community where the project is located, developing, sustaining, and fostering community connections, and enhancing the potential for economic growth in a manner that will sustain the quality of life and promote long-term economic development;
(b) New Resident Impact. Funding decisions by the department shall be based on the likelihood of the project attracting new residents to the community where the project is located;
(c) Visitor Impact. Funding decisions by the department shall be based on the likelihood of the project enhancing or creating an attraction that would increase the potential of visitors to the community where the project is located from inside and outside the state;
(d) Readiness. The fiscal, economic, and operational capacity of the applicant, and of any political subdivision that owns the eligible facility jointly with the applicant, to finance and manage the project and to operate the eligible facility; and
(e) Project Planning. Projects with completed technical assistance and feasibility studies shall be preferred to those with no prior planning.
(2) The department shall give priority to applications from municipalities which have not received a grant of assistance under section 13-2704.01 within the last ten years.
(3) Any grant of assistance under section 13-2704.01 shall be matched at least equally from local sources. At least fifty percent of the local match must be in cash.
(4) To receive a grant of assistance under section 13-2704.01, the project for which the grant is requested shall be located in the municipality that applies for the grant or, for any city of the first class, city of the second class, or village, within the municipality's extraterritorial zoning jurisdiction.
(5) To receive a grant of assistance under section 13-2704.01, the project for which the grant is requested shall involve an eligible facility that is owned by the municipality applying for the grant, except that a municipality may own an eligible facility jointly with a political subdivision if the municipality's ownership interest in such eligible facility is at least fifty percent. In any case, the municipality shall be the applicant for the grant of assistance.