For purposes of the Civic and Community Center Financing Act:
(1) Civic center means a facility that is primarily used to host conventions, meetings, and cultural events and a library;
(2) Community center means the traditional center of a community, typically comprised of a cohesive core of residential, civic, religious, and commercial buildings, arranged around a main street and intersecting streets;
(3) Department means the Department of Economic Development;
(4) Fund means the Civic and Community Center Financing Fund;
(5) Historic building means a building eligible for listing on or currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places; and
(6) Recreation center means a facility used for athletics, fitness, sport activities, or recreation that is owned by a municipality and is available for use by the general public with or without charge. Recreation center does not include any facility that requires a person to purchase a membership to utilize such facility.