(1) All applications for state assistance under the Convention Center Facility Financing Assistance Act shall be in writing and shall include a certified copy of the approving action of the governing body of the applicant describing the proposed eligible facility and the anticipated financing.
(2) The application shall contain:
(a) A description of the proposed financing of the eligible facility, including the estimated principal and interest requirements for the bonds proposed to be issued in connection with the eligible facility or the amounts necessary to repay the original investment by the applicant in the eligible facility;
(b) Documentation of local financial commitment to support the project, including all public and private resources pledged or committed to the project; and
(c) Any other project information deemed appropriate by the board.
(3) Upon receiving an application for state assistance, the board shall review the application and notify the applicant of any additional information needed for a proper evaluation of the application.
(4) Any state assistance received pursuant to the act shall be used only for public purposes.
(5) Each political subdivision that had an application for state assistance approved prior to October 1, 2016, shall submit a map to the Department of Revenue showing the area that lies within six hundred yards of the eligible facility as such area is described in subdivision (1) of section 13-2603. The department shall approve such area if it satisfies the requirements of subdivision (1) of section 13-2603.