For purposes of the Joint Public Agency Act:
(1) Board means the board of representatives of a joint public agency;
(2) Governing body has the same meaning as in section 13-503 and, when referring to state agencies, includes the governing board of a state agency or the Governor and, when referring to federal agencies, includes the governing board of a federal agency or the President of the United States;
(3) Joint public agency means an entity created by agreement pursuant to the act;
(4) Person means a natural person, public authority, private corporation, association, firm, partnership, limited liability company, or business trust of any nature whatsoever organized and existing under the laws of this state or of the United States or any other state thereof. The term does not include a joint public agency;
(5) Public agency means any county, city, village, school district, or agency of the state government or of the United States, any drainage district, sanitary and improvement district, or other municipal corporation or political subdivision of this state, and any political subdivision of another state;
(6) Representative means a member of the board and includes an alternate representative; and
(7) State means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia.