13-1305. Funds; county treasurer; disposition.

All taxes or other receipts, income, revenue, profits, and money of a commission from whatever source derived shall be paid to the treasurer of the county in which such commission is established as ex officio treasurer of the commission, who shall not commingle such money with any other money under his or her control. Such money shall be deposited in a separate bank, capital stock financial institution, or qualifying mutual financial institution account or accounts and shall be withdrawn only by check, draft, or order signed by the treasurer on requisition of the chairperson of the board of the commission or of such other person or persons as the commission may authorize to make such requisition, approved by the board. The chief auditing officer of the county and his or her legally authorized representatives are hereby authorized and empowered from time to time to examine the accounts and books of such commission, including its receipts, disbursements, contracts, leases, sinking funds, and investments and any other matters relating to its financial standing. Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, the board may contract with the holders of any of its bonds as to the collection, custody, securing, investment, and payment of any money of the commission or money held in trust or otherwise for the payment of bonds or in any way to secure bonds. The board may carry out any such contract notwithstanding that such contract may be inconsistent with the previous provisions of this section. All banks, capital stock financial institutions, qualifying mutual financial institutions, and trust companies are hereby authorized to give security for such deposits of money of the commission pursuant to the Public Funds Deposit Security Act. Section 77-2366 shall apply to deposits in capital stock financial institutions. Section 77-2365.01 shall apply to deposits in qualifying mutual financial institutions.

Source:Laws 1971, LB 1003, § 5; R.S.1943, (1983), § 23-2605; Laws 1989, LB 33, § 7; Laws 1999, LB 396, § 18; Laws 2001, LB 362, § 8.

Cross References