Nebraska Revised Statute 9-345.03
Chapter 9 Section 345.03
Pickle cards; dispensing device; registration; application; fee; decal; nontransferable; access; violations; penalties.
(1) Any person who places a coin-operated or currency-operated pickle card dispensing device in operation in this state without a current registration decal affixed permanently and conspicuously to the device shall be subject to an administrative penalty of thirty dollars for each violation. The department shall remit the proceeds from such penalties to the State Treasurer for credit to the Charitable Gaming Operations Fund.
(2) Registration of the device with the department shall be made by application to the department and shall be the responsibility of the licensed organization when such device is to be used in a licensed organization's designated premises or at the location of its regularly scheduled bingo occasion or of the licensed pickle card operator when such device is to be used on the premises of the pickle card operator.
(3) Each application for registration shall include (a) the name and address of the licensed pickle card operator or licensed organization registering the device, (b) the state identification number of the licensed pickle card operator or licensed organization registering the device, (c) a detailed description of the physical appearance and operation of the device, and (d) such other information which the department deems necessary.
(4) A fee of fifty dollars shall be charged for each decal issued pursuant to this section. The department shall remit the proceeds from the fee to the State Treasurer for credit to the Charitable Gaming Operations Fund. All decals issued by the department pursuant to this section shall expire on December 31 of each year or such other date as the department may prescribe by rule and regulation and shall be renewed annually.
(5) The registration decal issued by the department pursuant to this section shall not be transferable.
(6) Upon request by the Tax Commissioner or his or her agents or employees, the licensed organization or pickle card operator responsible for registering the device shall provide the requesting individual immediate access to any pickle cards contained within such device.
(7) Any person violating any provision of this section shall be deemed guilty of a Class II misdemeanor. Each day on which any person engages in or conducts the business of operating any device subject to this section without having paid the penalty or the registration as provided constitutes a separate offense.
- Laws 1988, LB 1232, § 43;
- Laws 1991, LB 427, § 40;
- Laws 1995, LB 344, § 17;
- Laws 2000, LB 1086, § 15.