Nebraska Revised Statute 9-1,101
Chapter 9 Section 1,101
Department of Revenue; Charitable Gaming Division; created; duties; Charitable Gaming Operations Fund; created; use; investment; investigators; powers; fees authorized; administration of Nebraska Commission on Problem Gambling.
(1) The Nebraska Bingo Act, the Nebraska County and City Lottery Act, the Nebraska Lottery and Raffle Act, the Nebraska Pickle Card Lottery Act, the Nebraska Small Lottery and Raffle Act, and section 9-701 shall be administered and enforced by the Charitable Gaming Division of the Department of Revenue, which division is hereby created. The Department of Revenue shall make annual reports to the Governor, Legislature, Auditor of Public Accounts, and Attorney General on all tax revenue received, expenses incurred, and other activities relating to the administration and enforcement of such acts. The report submitted to the Legislature shall be submitted electronically.
(2) The Charitable Gaming Operations Fund is hereby created. Any money in the fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.
(3)(a) Forty percent of the taxes collected pursuant to sections 9-239, 9-344, 9-429, and 9-648 shall be available to the Charitable Gaming Division for administering and enforcing the acts listed in subsection (1) of this section and providing administrative support for the Nebraska Commission on Problem Gambling. The remaining sixty percent shall be transferred to the General Fund. Any portion of the forty percent not used by the division in the administration and enforcement of such acts and section shall be distributed as provided in this subsection.
(b) On or before November 1 each year, the State Treasurer shall transfer fifty thousand dollars from the Charitable Gaming Operations Fund to the Compulsive Gamblers Assistance Fund, except that no transfer shall occur if the Charitable Gaming Operations Fund contains less than fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Any money remaining in the Charitable Gaming Operations Fund after the transfer pursuant to subdivision (b) of this subsection not used by the Charitable Gaming Division in its administration and enforcement duties pursuant to this section may be transferred to the General Fund at the direction of the Legislature.
(4) The Tax Commissioner shall employ investigators who shall be vested with the authority and power of a law enforcement officer to carry out the laws of this state administered by the Tax Commissioner or the Department of Revenue and to enforce sections 28-1101 to 28-1117 relating to possession of a gambling device. For purposes of enforcing sections 28-1101 to 28-1117, the authority of the investigators shall be limited to investigating possession of a gambling device, notifying local law enforcement authorities, and reporting suspected violations to the county attorney for prosecution.
(5) The Charitable Gaming Division may charge a fee for publications and listings it produces. The fee shall not exceed the cost of publication and distribution of such items. The division may also charge a fee for making a copy of any record in its possession equal to the actual cost per page. The division shall remit the fees to the State Treasurer for credit to the Charitable Gaming Operations Fund.
(6) For administrative purposes only, the Nebraska Commission on Problem Gambling shall be located within the Charitable Gaming Division. The division shall provide office space, furniture, equipment, and stationery and other necessary supplies for the commission. Commission staff shall be appointed, supervised, and terminated by the director of the Gamblers Assistance Program pursuant to section 9-1004.
- Laws 1986, LB 1027, § 185;
- Laws 1988, LB 1232, § 1;
- Laws 1989, LB 767, § 1;
- Laws 1990, LB 1055, § 3;
- Laws 1991, LB 427, § 1;
- Laws 1993, LB 397, § 1;
- Laws 1994, LB 694, § 1;
- Laws 1994, LB 1066, § 8;
- Laws 2000, LB 659, § 1;
- Laws 2001, LB 541, § 2;
- Laws 2002, LB 1310, § 2;
- Laws 2007, LB638, § 1;
- Laws 2010, LB879, § 1;
- Laws 2012, LB782, § 11;
- Laws 2013, LB6, § 8.
- Nebraska Bingo Act, see section 9-201.
- Nebraska Capital Expansion Act, see section 72-1269.
- Nebraska County and City Lottery Act, see section 9-601.
- Nebraska Lottery and Raffle Act, see section 9-401.
- Nebraska Pickle Card Lottery Act, see section 9-301.
- Nebraska Small Lottery and Raffle Act, see section 9-501.
- Nebraska State Funds Investment Act, see section 72-1260.
- State Athletic Commissioner, office and duties, see section 81-8,128.