Nebraska Revised Statute 81-1847
Chapter 81 Section 1847
Victim and witness assistance centers; services provided.
Services provided by the centers shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Providing assistance to victims in preparing claims for submission to the Crime Victim's Reparations Committee;
(2) Establishing a means for volunteers to work with criminal justice agencies to promote greater sensitivity to the needs of victims and witnesses;
(3) Providing followup support services to victims of violent crime and their families to insure that they receive necessary assistance through available community resources;
(4) Providing elderly victims of crime with services appropriate to their special needs;
(5) Providing liaison and referral systems to special counseling facilities and community service agencies for victims;
(6) Providing transportation and household assistance to those victims and witnesses participating in the criminal justice process;
(7) Notifying friends, relatives, and the employer of a victim, if requested;
(8) Arranging for verification of medical benefits and assistance when applying for compensation from the Crime Victim's Reparations Committee;
(9) Notifying witnesses prior to their being subpoenaed in criminal cases; and
(10) Notifying witnesses of changes in the court calendar to avoid unnecessary trips to the court or spending unnecessary time in court.
- Laws 1981, LB 477, § 5;
- Laws 1986, LB 540, § 39.